Job Description - Senior Wholesale Banking Financial Crime Compliance Manager - Hang Seng Bank (HK) (0000E67L)
Senior Wholesale Banking Financial Crime Compliance Manager - Hang Seng Bank (HK) : 0000E67L
A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Senior Wholesale Banking Financial Crime Compliance Advisory Manager
Financial Crime Compliance
Financial Crime Compliance roles are accountable for ensuring adequate controls are in place to manage financial crime risk. They provide subject matter expertise for the purpose of setting policy, providing guidance and advising the businesses and functions on managing financial crime risk to ensure HSBC's compliance to both global and local laws, rules and regulations relating to financial crimes.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Wholesale Banking Financial Crime Compliance Advisory Manager.
Role holders will carry out activities that will include most of the following:
- Drive attainment of functional/functional unit results
- Co-ordinate and manage several complex projects
- Supports and embeds change initiatives, identifying and developing new or improved delivery mechanisms
- Independently perform assignments to achieve stated objective. Determine and develop approach to solutions
- Responsibility for the delivery of end results and will contribute to planning, finances, budget and policy development
- Act as escalation point for complex issues
- Negotiate mainly internally and at higher levels
- Responsibility for supervising a department or a functional unit/area team
Management responsibility for a team of professionals, including people, performance, budget and planning decisions
- Act in an advisory role / influence the direction of own discipline
- Understand functional risks in own functional area and monitor team adherence to policies
- Support Country Head of FCC (CHoFCC) and Head of Wholesale Banking FCC (HoWB) in the provision of clear, concise, consistent and constructive customer conscious advice and strategic guidance to Wholesale Banking Teams and business colleagues.
- Work closely with CMB management team to offer seamless compliance coverage across the Wholesale Banking platform.
- Partner with regional/country teams leveraging resources as needed to execute Compliance oversight and support of Wholesale Banking Business.
- Liaise with relevant individuals within CMB and elsewhere regarding new products and services and the development of standardized compliance procedures, monitoring and training.
- Support the CHoFCC and HoWB to develop the Wholesale Banking’s annual FCC Plan and carry out functional and thematic reviewn.
- Support CHoFCC and HoWB to drive consistency in local compliance risk assessments, ensuring that they are completed effectively, with monitoring plans prepared and executed.
- Ensure the accurate input to the provision of periodic reports as required, input to Compliance Certificate and Annual Plan.
- Provide compliance input into Wholesale Banking FCC projects.
- To observe the Group Compliance “Professional Standards and Guidelines for Compliance Officers”.
- To provide technical support to the Human Resources or Training function in the provision of training or, as the case may be, to provide training directly to business areas in the procedures and practices necessary to achieve compliance with relevant regulations.
- University Graduate
- Seasoned professional with 5-10 experience in risk & AML/CFT compliance roles, to include significant AML/CFT advisory roles
- Extensive knowledge of AML/CFT regulations and guidance.
- Significant experience in the financial services industry.
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues.
- Proven / Excellent leadership skills / ability.
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business at Country level
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Holder of professional qualification on AML/CFT (e.g. ACAMS, ICA, CAMLP of HKIB) is preferred
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
: Risk and Compliance
: Asia Pacific-Hong Kong-Hong Kong Island-Central
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 12-Feb-2020, 20:50:45
: 13-Mar-2020, 23:59:00