Some Careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.Global Service Delivery
Within HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance. Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly.Role Purpose
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets. In this role, you will:Impact on the Business [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
* Check / approve / reject transactions according to the agreed approval / lending limit and / or handle customer request / queries according to procedures.
* Acquire the updated procedures, work processes and product knowledge and apply them to daily work independently.
* Complete quality check work in accordance with established procedures and standards within the required productivity and quality level.
* Identify and escalate common or non-common fraud / errors / irregular transactions, may together with recommendations for follow-up beyond his/her authority.
Customers / Stakeholders [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
* Complete complicated customer request / instructions and / or handle demanding customer queries / issues, to achieve customer satisfaction independently according to the guideline and procedures.
* Provide input / data to seniors / AMO to address the queries / concerns / challenges raised from business partners or for the consolidation of various reports / data / process information.
* Contribute to the team to achieve high level of customer service through participating the customer quality campaigns / initiatives.Leadership & Teamwork [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
* Resolve junior staff's queries / referred issues and provide advice on cases handling.
* Handle escalations from junior staff and report to seniors / AMO with recommendations.* Share knowledge and experience with team members.
* Support AMO on resource arrangement and proactively raise suggestions to improve process productivity / quality / risk management
* Build up positive relationship with peers, participate in team meetings / activities, and promote team spirit.
Operational Effectiveness & Control [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
* Contribute to the process productivity / quality / risk management improvement by actively participating in team's initiatives / changes / activities as well as raising staff suggestions.
* Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators, accompanied by the appropriate internal control standards relevant to the role.
Work experience not essential. Experience not a bar provided aspirations commensurate with the position.
Ability to speak and understand written English / Cantonese fluently.
Ability to understand and interpret numeric data
Attention to details
Basic computer knowledge
Ability to maintain focus while working with voluminous data
Ability to multi task
Ability to build rapport with people
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
***Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Guangdong) Ltd. GSC China***