Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. The Global Product Management (GPM) team within GCS is a critical driver of growth. Within GPM, the New Product Development (NPD) team is responsible for the execution and delivery of a suite of solutions for all business segments across the globe from small business to global enterprises. We are looking for a dynamic individual, for a fixed term 4 month contract, to translate customer needs into best in class solutions, driving feature delivery across multiple teams for a strategic new payment product across multiple markets.
The successful candidate will engage effectively at multiple levels and across numerous business units, functions to deliver key projects.
Determines and translates conceptual business requirements into robust product features incorporating all edge cases and acceptance criteria. Work with platform POs to define detailed user stories.
Partner with Product Management teams to define the MVP features and potential backlog items.
Partner with platform teams and E2E Tech to assess technical feasibility of needs and partner to define the solution design.
Provide detailed explanations of required CX associated with features to the platform CoE teams to inform technical solutions.
Partner with Amex and partner technology teams throughout the build lifecycle to ensure the solution is per required CX.
Ensure E2E plan has the correct milestones for the tech delivery and provide relevant updates to program PMO.
Resolve obstacles to technical delivery as needed with Product Management alignment.
Provide subject matter expertise to feed into Go-to Market materials as needed.
Work with technology testing teams to ensure robust release testing. Partner with Program MPT lead to ensure full features and CX are robustly tested.
Raises and manages issues and risks to ensure adherence to robust governance structure.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of American Express commercial products and business operations.
- Technical understanding of Amex platforms and their integrations with detailed understanding of APIs.
- Experience of delivering via the SAFE Agile methodology. SAFE certification preferred.
- Experienced in delivering a Loyalty Platform into a new geography with deep understanding of Loyalty Business Processes and AXP Loyalty Technical Platforms.
- Experienced in uplifting Digital front-end Customer Self Service Portals with a deep understanding of the AXP Customer self-service platforms
- Agile Product Owner certification preferred.
- Proven experience of working directly with external partners and clients.
- Strong Analytical Skills – ability to collect and analyse information for problem solving and definition of potential solutions.
- Excellent Communications Skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and work well with different levels of the organisation and with the customer and partner.
- Proven track record of delivery in a matrix environment, dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Personal Excellence – High degree of integrity, comfortable speaking up for what is right as well as reporting/escalating risks and concerns.
- Collaboration & Relationship Skills – strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing cobrand partners in a matrix environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo to drive alternate solutions and testing new ideas to meet customer needs.
- Learns from mistakes and setbacks; demonstrating resilience.
- High Energy/Flexibility – Must be a highly motivated self-starter working with a sense of urgency and be flexible with working hours to accommodate US time zones.
- Can harness Entropy.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on [email protected]
or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.