Technical Product Manager/Senior Manager, SRC & W3C
Global Network Operations (GNO) runs the American Express Network, processing $1 Trillion in annual spend and serving issuers and acquirers in over 90 markets worldwide. The GNO team manages and optimizes this core platform, defining its operations and creating innovative products that simultaneously leverage network assets and unlock new commerce for American Express.
The Global Network Product team leads product development and management for the Global Network, building for scale, driving interoperability, and enabling seamless, secure customer interactions.
We are looking for a Product Sr. Manager who is thoughtful, technically well-versed, and a self-starter. This person will be part of the Global Network product team, responsible for supporting the development and management of emerging payment solutions. This role focused on the development of new products, Secure Remote Commerce (SRC) and W3C, which are aimed at improving commerce across the payment ecosystem (Merchants, Acquirers and Issuers).
This Product Leader will partner closely with Global Network teams (i.e. Product, Marketing, Partner Deployment, and Industry Engagement) as well as other critical stakeholders across the organization in order to define the product roadmap and deliver product capabilities.
- Product Roadmap: Support product strategy work, development and management for SRC and W3C. Develop an American Express perspective and evangelize these capabilities internally.
- Partner Needs: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather partner feedback and prioritize these needs within the overall product roadmap. Oversee partner integration efforts and onboarding strategy.
- Collaborate with internal teams in evangelizing product build, gathering and incorporating feedback, and keeping teams abreast of internal product developments.
- Industry Standards: Monitor industry developments, strategize internally and participate and influence emerging payment standards.
- Manage Backlog: capture and maintain a prioritized product backlog
- Third-Party Integrations: manage relationship and lead integration efforts with third parties.
- Completing Communicator: Ability to break down complex technical concepts into simple business terms linked to a business strategy. You thrive at the intersection of tech and business and can straddle both worlds easily. You are an excellent communicator, orally and in written communication
- Experience with APIs highly preferred: You have experience in reading and understanding technical interfaces including APIs. While we do not expect you to code APIs, we expect you to have given thought to developing APIs, API strategy and lifecycle management.
- Product expert: You have experience with SAfe Agile, the product development. You are comfortable with Rally, Jira or related tools; experience in SRC and W3C are pluses. Experience in financial services industry, specifically within payment space, is a big plus.
- Customer Centric: You start with user journeys and design compelling solutions that put customer needs first.
- Passion for payments and fintech. You are excited about emerging payments and keep your finger on the pulse of industry and competitor developments. You are curious and inquisitive and think creatively and revel in “What if scenarios...”; experience in payments space is highly preferred.
- Relevant experience. Three or more years of experience as a Product Manager with track record of delivering payment or related products highly desired.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.