There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to takeon their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into thebest future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it. JOB DESCRIPTION:
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry.
A career in GBS at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers. Come join us and realize your potential
ii. Purpose of the Role
In Merchant Services, we work on the End to End journey of Merchants with American Express. The incumbent will be responsible to onboard the new Merchant Setups on the relevant tools by adhering to existing Policies and Procedures
To set up and maintain merchant accounts in Genesis for the UK market.
• Processing contracts (coordinating and analyzing incoming contracts, highlighting errors and timely following up corrections via email in order to meet service levels with our Business Partners (GMS), retrieving and downloading electronic File Feed, performing strict Anti-money laundry checks, assessing risk to business – AML/Internet Fraud, using language skills. Managing the affiliation of new merchants within the set SLAs.
• Responding to maintenance requests, analyzing & resolving outstanding issues before the requests are carried out and translating the requests into appropriate computer (Genesis) language.
• Analyze Suspense/rejected payables and perform due diligence
• Liaising with the various affiliation channels to ensure this process runs smoothly (Third parties, Client Managers, Acquisition, Sitel, SRS, Genesis Agreements etc). Utilizing business knowledge to manage large strategic maintenance changes whilst maintaining relationship with SRS and Client Managers. This involves discussing and agreeing timeframes with key internal contacts in order to provide win-win solutions.
• Carrying out bank changes.
• Is responsible for relationships with key internal contacts (Acquisition, 3rd party acquirers, Client Management Group, Strategic Alliances and Front Offices) service level agreements and quality with minimal supervision.
• Co-coordinating and effectively liaising between the various agencies in Amex (Third parties, End2end, GMS Pricing, Acquiring Markets, GMS Client Managers, Engineering, Technologies, Genesis Agreements).
• First contact resolution - understanding written requests from FO and translating into computer language,
• The timely resolution of issues around the maintenance requests (which can be quite complex) in order to meet SLA and customer expectations
• Effectively organizing incoming work to meet/exceed the agreed timeframes and SLA for both internal and external customers.
Shift Timings : 12:30 PM – 09:00 PM
iv. Critical Factors to Success
Set the Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
v. Past Experience
vi. Skills/Capabilities across Functional, Technical, Knowledge of Platforms & Behavioral areas