HSBC has already invested more than a billion dollars into positioning itself as a global leader in technology led banking, driving innovation and transforming our digital capabilities. Global Private Banking (GPB) is committed to providing services that help HSBC clients grown, manage and protect their wealth.
GPB has establishing globally consistent, market leading products and propositions across its major booking centres. This transition into a leading global wealth manager will provide the necessary platform from which to drive sustainable returns and realise the goal of becoming the Private Bank of choice to the families of the owners and principals of the Group’s best corporate clients.
Core to the strategy are the following themes:
· Accelerated deployment of strategic platforms
· Overhauled Client Servicing Model to grow annuity income
· Fully leverage the HSBC’s universal banking strength
· Strengthening referral flows
· Attract and retain the next generation of clients
· Capitalising on Asia wealth growth
To deliver against this vision, we are looking for a collaborative technical leader with the spirit to make change happen and champion bold new ideas that will continue to transform the experiences of our clients.
Our commitment : ‘Together we thrive’
We are committed to enabling a thriving environment where people are valued, respected and supported; where different ideas, backgrounds, styles and perspectives are actively sought out to create business value; and where career advancement is based on objective criteria.
The Lead Architect – Enterprise will work with the leadership of the Business and IT, helping them define their technology vision and strategy. The requirement for the role is to take accountability for the overall enterprise architecture needs of the Global Private Banking organisation. This role will be one of the protagonists of enabling strategy to be realised across the technology estate, including support in the shaping of strategic investments, ensuring the adoption of Group architecture practices and that other business functions and services are aligned and integrated across shared services and platforms.
The following abilities are critical imperatives of the role:
· Be conversant and comfortable in discussing technology strategy at senior levels if Technology Leadership.
· Define and present and GPB enterprise architecture in various forums, ensuring the strategy and technology roadmaps are visible both internally within GPB and externally to other functions within the Group.
· Map strategic direction to regional needs and show how individual markets will consume and benefit from new capabilities that are rolled out.
The candidate will support the Chief Architect define and maintain a holistic approach to our enterprise strategy and deliver strategic insight, innovative and creative thinking that helps drive business growth.
Key accountabilities include:
• Help define the enterprise-level technology change portfolio and that it is coherent and enables delivery of the business strategy. Own the maintenance of the EA blueprint.
• Support the development and implementation of architecture strategy and standards.
• Validate each domain / market target state roadmap, enriching the aspiration to ensure the balance between discrete needs, GPB specific and group wide direction are incorporated.
• Influence architecture and design within the architecture discipline, including ensuring that the target for architecture is implemented consistently across core capabilities and drive the realisation of strategy.
• Consult on new best practices, processes, operating model, techniques, products, services, technologies and standards where needed against identified use cases, via the appropriate governance bodies.
• Work with fellow peers and senior colleagues to ensure vitality across the team and share the responsibility of adapting the capability and its people to the high degree of change and challenge that the business is driving.
• Stay abreast of technology trends and advise stakeholders business about potential benefits/impacts.
Our ideal candidate will be a proficient experienced architecture leader with passion, imagination and demonstrable experience for initiating and seeing through disruptive change, collaborating with agile development teams, and helping establish a strong DevOps culture.
Key Stakeholder relationships
· The GPB CIO(s) aligned and affiliated to each product owning area and strategic function
· Architecture leadership within HSBC Group
· Development leads and engineering teams
Leadership & teamwork
· Provide leadership and management for important GPB Architecture disciplines, whilst balancing a personal and authentic leadership style to educate, inspire, motivate and mentor teams, creating a sense of community amongst the disparate members of the technical areas.
· Facilitate highly effective cross-functional leadership across diverse populations, regions and markets globally building strong working, effective stakeholder relationships and engagement across all teams.
· A good communicator with ability to translate strategies, planned and managed approaches, methods and tools and operational plans globally.
· Good commercial acumen, judgment and expertise across all aspects of area of responsibility.
· Demonstrates strong resilience and tenacity with highly effective influencing, persuading and negotiating skills.
· Accustomed to managing a high level of ambiguity across geographies, markets, products and services and delivering clear decisions and direction
· Results-driven and relentless in achieving and exceeding business results, effectively exercising pragmatism when required, to deliver the right business outcomes.
· Managing reviews and communications with global teams to ensure technical and business outcomes are understood within the context of enterprise architecture and strategy
Experience of large business critical transactional or advisory systems in Banking, Financial Services or similar industries comprising of the below aspects:
High Level & Holistic Capabilities sought:
· Experience in digital and broader architectural transformation, applying solutions from experience in decomposing monolithic solutions and methods to manage technical legacy.
· Ability to understand, articulate and translate journeys into technical design, leveraging API and micro-service architecture techniques.
· Experience, knowledge and understanding of enterprise level software development and API based integration e.g. Mulesoft
· Participate in technical design and oversee all technology related issues of cloud-native product development, building a micro-services based architecture, promoting API reuse and managing down technical legacy across the enterprise.
· Creation of artefacts and views applicable to describing the enterprise architecture and strategic direction
· Experience of Enterprise Architecture and Business Architecture methods, and any certifications advantageous
Ways of Working Experiences sought:
· Experience of Agile principles and processes and leading teams in agile at-scale methods using DevOps tools and processes.
· Working with auditable methods of design artefact creation, storage and maintenance to the HSBC standard.
More extensive technical knowledge and experience sought:
· Experience of enterprise level software for scale delivery working in digital where multi deployments of security and processes are key factors.
· Understand cloud-based technology at scale and cloud solutions cloud solutions which include AWS, Azure, GCP, as well as on-prem cloud and up to date on cloud development trends.
· Sound knowledge on Digital-related technologies such as everyday banking services, as a platform, dynamic content management, security platform integration, social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and WeChat), etc.
· Understand channel applications and integration components, common digital and traditional integration technologies.
· Identify key system architecture components, propose and help teams build solutions that unblock deployments.
· Some exposure to Private Banking trading and advisory platforms is desirable, such as Finantix Wealthview, Blackrock Aladdin, Appway and SEI
Key HSBC Role Capabilities [non-technical]
· Lead People
· Problem Solving and critical thinking
· Innovation & Idea Management
· Business analysis and design
· Leading and Improving business systems
· Influences and challenges Stakeholders
· Working in a dynamic environment
· Engaging with Customers/Stakeholders/Colleagues
· Shapes and Drives the Right Working Environment