Equity Derivatives IT (EQD IT) team is a global team responsible for the definition and delivery of Equity Derivatives systems across HSBC.
The Equity Derivatives IT department is organized by services (Post-Trade, Pricing and Analytics, Common Services, FO Tools, regulatory, Risk and P&L) and teams are distributed across the 5 locations (Pune, Paris, Hong-Kong, Guangzhou London and New-York).
As part of HTS GB&M strategy, EQD IT is changing his organizational model to cater to changing business needs and in investing in the cutting edge technology and moving its infrastructure to cloud.
We are looking for hands on engineer who can help drive the growth of an engineering lead culture with in Pune. We expect you to passionate about writing and delivering code into production to solve problems for our customers.
It’s also important to ensure our teams deliver secure and compliant solutions. We expect you to help embed into the delivery culture an understanding of issues such as cyber security, risk and control, and an understanding of regulator issues such as data privacy, consent, data residency.
You will be a part of the equity derivatives development team located in Pune. As a part of the development team of the complex business, you will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of the application within equity derivatives space. Along with that you will be leading/working on the strategic developments going on within the team. You will be part of talented software development team and will be instrumental in delivering HSBC’s application design, upgrades and additions to EQD IT architecture to comply with business, regulatory and user’s requests.
· End to end ownership of applications in EQD.
· Responsible for designing and development of applications in multiple technologies.
· Responsible to deliver high quality software by respecting timelines and quality/integration processes.
· Rapidly understand technical requirements through regular interactions with project managers, business analysts and developers
· Drive adoption of agile mindset and accelerated delivery pipeline by embracing automated tools in DevOps transformation
· Work as part of a global and diversified development team to deliver projects, design and propose solutions for the development of new functionalities, enhancements and maintenance of all the applications and services used within the business line.
Mandatory Skills / Experience:
· B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.S degree with 14+ years of IT experience
· Strong programming skills
· Should have experience in Cloud
· Sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
· Profound insight of Java internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Multithreading, Collection Framework, Concurrency etc.)
· Proficient in code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN etc.
· Good understanding of agile methodologies and DevOps tooling such as JIRA, Maven, Ansible etc.
· Working knowledge of MQ, XSL, XML, Web services
· Prior exposure to Sophis or any Trade Processing System
· Investment banking experience within an Equity Derivatives environment: booking, pricing, trade life cycle
· Understanding of Equity Derivative Instruments (listed and OTC, life cycle and data model)