Job Description - Premier Direct Banking Specialist (0000E6IJ)
Premier Direct Banking Specialist : 0000E6IJ
The Premier Direct Banking Specialist is trained to handle inbound calls from internal and external customers across multiple products and propositions. Provides high quality service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction by resolving the customer query at first contact and mentors peers to achieve the same. Listens to the customer and establishes needs to offer relevant products. Takes ownership and initiative to complete necessary research and customer follow up or direct the customer to the appropriate department for resolution. Responsible for achieving individual targets and /or sales goals whilst maintaining quality and compliance.
This job will carry out some or all of the following tasks:
- Provides high quality service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction by resolving the customer query at first contact where possible. Maintains attention to detail and high accuracy in directing and navigating customers to appropriate resolutions in a timely manner.
- Adhere to call procedures and guidelines.
- Establish customer’s needs and offers solutions to enhance the customer’s relationship.
- Takes ownership and initiative to complete necessary research and customer follow up or direct the customer to the appropriate department for resolution.
- Maintain a working knowledge of regulations to identify risk or fraudulent activity in order to protect both the customer and the bank
Impact on the Business
- Answers/ makes phone calls from our HSBC customers in a polite and friendly way, instilling customer confidence and resolving customer’s issues at first contact where possible.
- Delivers what is promised in line with customer expectations
- Offers value added products and services based on customer needs analysis and ensures customer understanding of those products
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provides excellent customer service to complex inbound customer calls by keeping up to date on training and internal communications
- Certified to handle multiple propositions or multiple products and has specialized in one of the high complex roles within the contact center
- Generates customer loyalty through strong knowledge of key products and services
- Owns and resolves issues
- Handles escalated customer calls
Leadership & Teamwork
- Acts as a role model for our Group values and behaviors (Open, dependable, Connected) supporting colleagues and customers to deliver superior customer service through these values
- Values diversity amongst team
- Acts as a mentor to assist new joiners as required
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Knowledge of Group compliance, Operational Risk and SOX (Sarbanes- Oxley Requirements) for RBWM Centers
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role in compliance to SOX for contact centers
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Changing performance parameters (e.g. Scorecard changes)
- Understanding updates on procedural changes and compliance
- Achieving customer excellence in every contact
- Owning personal career development while balancing daily job duties
- The role operates within a RBWM Contact Centre and interacts with HSBC local and international customers, the post holder must have the ability to deal with different process, different countries, where applicable, and different customer attitudes and requests on a daily basis.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section 4 of the Group Operations FIM.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, raise issues as needed for managerial attention.
- Minimum of high school diploma, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two-five years proven and progressive customer service and sales experience
- Must be proficient in language(s) required by the process
- Open to working flexible shifting schedules
- Must be flexible, customer centric and have the ability to thrive in a team environment seeking feedback and open to development
- Takes pride in delivering what is promised in line with the customer and service expectations
- Wants to do a good job, is concerned about getting it right for the customer and checks everything is in order
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment is required
- Proficiency with personal computers and basic software packages
- Excellent communication skills and is polite and friendly at all times
- Displays patience and empathy
- A knowledge expert who has the ability to maintain departmental productivity, quality and sales standards.
: Call Centre
: North America-United States-New York-DEPEW
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 26-Feb-2020, 06:23:09