Job Description - Business Banking & Wealth Lending Underwriter (0000E6CH)
Business Banking & Wealth Lending Underwriter : 0000E6CH
The role provides underwriting, lending services and credit management for two RBWM Businesses - Retail Business Banking and Securtities Based Lending. The Business Banking and Wealth Underwriter is to review retail credit applications for a variety of credit products, and transactions across all client & business types within a delegated credit authority.
Impact on Business:
- Review and analyze applications for Small Business credit offerings (currently up to $500,000) and Securities Based Lending (currently up to $4,000,000)
- Follow credit process and procedure related to the underwriting, reporting, issue resolution, collateral monitoring and credit renewals
- Assist client management teams as appropriate to meet customer need
- Strict adherence to RBWM Credit Policy
- Provide appropriate strategic business ideas based on awareness of market, industry initiatives and customer feedback
- Uphold credit policy and lending guidelines whilst maintaining a balanced approach to risk management
- Monitor facility activity to ensure usage and conditions comply with credit approvals and propriety of advances and payments.
- Maintain a working understanding and technical knowledge of relevant product offerings, systems and underwriting tools
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Assist as a SME for projects associated with Retail Business Banking or Wealth Backed Securities which include new initiatives as well as existing businesses.
Customers / Stakeholders:
- RBB Operations and Governance
- Credit Risk
- Legal and Compliance
- Team Leaders / RBB RM’s
- Wealth Sales Managers / PWA’s
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with HSBC Bank policy standards and regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to all relevant processes and procedures of the Group Compliance Policy and internal controls.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators. HSBC expects to be a global leader in this area and therefore every employee will seek to set market-leading standards.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a credit underwriting role, preferably in commercial and/or secured lending
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, related field or equivalent experience.
- Thorough credit knowledge and understanding of credit products and offerings
- Strong communication, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to utilize multiple advanced underwriting and collateral monitoring platforms
: Branch and Retail Banking
: North America-United States-New York-Buffalo
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 10-Mar-2020, 00:03:41
: 09-Apr-2020, 11:59:00