Job Description - Content Studio Technical Lead (0000E928)
Content Studio Technical Lead : 0000E928
Role Title: Content Studio Technical / AEM Lead
Business: Digital New or Existing Role? New Grade: GCB4 Role Purpose
- The individual in this role will be a mix of technical lead, technical support lead, subject matter expert and technical explainer for the Adobe Experience Manager that supports the creation of content by the three Content Studios in EMEA, Asia and the Americas. Working within the Media & Content cross functional team, their objective is to technically support and understand the consolidated set off components, templates and authoring technologies that enable the production of web experiences.
- They will be responsible for ensuring that the content teams follow best practices, troubleshoot day to day technology issues and incidents and liaise with the incident management and platform and engineering teams to ensure that the content creation toolset is maintained, properly supported and is used correctly and effectively by the content studio.
- They will develop and maintain knowledge of the current architecture and technology roadmaps and work closely with the teams maintaining the platform and developing new features and solutions, understanding them fully, to effectively and actively support their use by the Content Studio.
- They will be a go-to technical subject matter expert on the Adobe Experience Manager and authoring toolset and will work closely to support the AEM trainer, the studio heads and the Media & Content product and engineering teams to ensure that the toolset is used effectively to meet internal Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- They will be a calm technical voice of reason and expertise when troubleshooting issues and incidents with the content teams and stakeholders and will make it their business to fully root cause each issue, liaise with support engineers and the users affected and then help to drive any resolution in a timely way.
- They will understand the technology stack and be able to communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical users in written, verbal and visual form.
- They will be an expert on AEM and have extensive experience of AEM required in a technical role.
Examples of key responsibilities for this role include:
- Helping to shape required global support operations for the content teams.
- Taking a lead on fully understanding and documenting technical issues and incidents experienced in the Content Studios and then working with support teams and incident managers to understand root causes and help to shape and implement measures to avoid them in future.
- When required, help to define and implement tactical workarounds that are fully compliant with HSBC standards and proceedures, whilst liaising with HDS Cross Functional teams to ensure that strategic fixes are defined and implemented effectively.
- Communicating to engineers, users and stakeholders on the causes and resolution of any incidents and issues.
- Understanding the technology in the Adobe Experience Cloud and how the features within it can be applied to the HSBC problem sets.
- Understanding how the components, templates, customer facing branch locators and calculators, translation technologies and content structures are designed and should be configured and used.
- Working closely with Digital as a Channel (DaaC) Content Studio, Digital Customer Experience and Service Delivery teams to improve the operational and delivery effectiveness of the platform.
Impact on Business
- Technical support and operations
- Has a deep understanding of mobile-first technologies and how they support the digital strategy and operations
- Responsible for technical support for the Content Studio in all regions
- Is the point person in the Content Studio responsible for component, tools and template configuration, rollout and upgrades
- Is the technical subject matter expert for solutions in their area and technical point of contact in the content studio for cross functional teams and application suppliers, such as Adobe Managed Service and translation providers
- Manage interfaces, hand-offs, defined operational system processes and data extracts and ensure their smooth running where required.
- Responsible for system configuration, scripting and user administration as required
- Analyses user processes and produces data and process flow diagrams, as well as reports, to improve application functionality and performance and provide suggestions for system and business improvements.
- Incident analysis and resolution
- Develops procedures and documentation for operational support and responds to out-of-hours support requests
- Proactively communicates relevant operational technology risks and suggests and leads mitigation options to the operations, support and engineering teams
- In conjunction with the service suppliers and cross functional teams responsible, ensures that the toolsets used by the content studio are maintained to the highest possible standard with maximum levels of attainable productivity and efficiency
- Responsible for problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems, in conjunction with the users, cross functional teams and service suppliers where necessary.
- Defines, develops and provides application problem analysis and resolution service for complex application problems in conjunction with the users, cross functional teams and service suppliers.
- Responsible for communication to users and stakeholders on root cause and resolution of incidents
Customers / Stakeholders
- Individual is expected to build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach to execute change at pace with minimum conflict
- Stakeholders will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Line of Business (LOB) Senior Management (global and local)
- Engineering leads
- Service Quality Managers
- Digital Product Management teams (global and local)
- RBWM Technology, including Software Delivery teams and IT Operations
- Other stakeholders from HSBC Digital Solutions organization
- 3rd party vendors and service suppliers
Leadership & Teamwork
- Effective team member that coaches others through relevant communication and feedback
- Takes accountability to see things through, leading, managing, facilitating, coordinating or delivering as necessary
- Leads, manages and owns initiatives whilst coordinating with other teams
- He or she will develop a culture where issues and incidents are root caused positiviely so that those involved are empowered to be open so that technical, operational and organizational improvements can be made
- Is a trusted collaborator and actively seeks to avoid a blame culture
- Is a technical leader who seeks to enthuse and empower users and stakeholders with the toolsets in place at HSBC
- He or she should cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC values
- Individual will build a culture of continuous improvement in customer experience and functionality deployment
- Drives collaboration between the Regional and Global engineering, operations and support teams
- Seeks opportunities to integrate, simplify and streamline activity through involvement of teams in the geographic and functional matrix
- Works in a collaborative and facilitative manner to deliver effective operational proceedures and operations
- Acts in a manner that transparently promotes the organisation’s values
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Individual continuously manages key risks, issues and interdependencies. He or she determines and applies appropriate mitigation strategies
- Ensures an equal and balanced focus is maintained on operating and regulatory risks and mitigates these in a manner that protects HSBC’s brand
- Ensures collaboration with key support functions such as Dynamic Platform, M&C, Risk, Compliance and HR to ensure alignment of policies and plans
- Implements Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Risk considerations in an aligned manner within the context of the RBWM digital strategy
- Working under pressure, flexibility to manage solutions in the face of ongoing change and iterative development, coordination of a diverse suite of stakeholders, optimization of resources against complex technical deployments
- HSBC has evolved over its 150 year history and its adoption of electronic channels can be seen as important as the development of the business in emerging countries. Achieving a leading position in this aspect of Financial Services will take a number of years requiring the development of new capabilities and competencies with which the Mgmt. of the bank and the current culture is largely unfamiliar
- Ensuring that all HSBC RBWM services offer outstanding Digital customer experience and fully deliver on the brand promise and a coherent Digital Strategy
- Providing market-leading, compelling Digital product experiences that can leverage the global scale and distribution network. With increased connections between businesses around the world, the aim is to take HSBC from a collection of locally orientated digital experiences to one global set across RBWM.
- Driving out waste and duplication, streamlining and standardizing processes and taking out paper / manual tasks where possible and appropriate. Digital channels will be a major facilitator of achieving these objectives
- The role will sit within the RBWM Digital business. The geographical scope for execution is global
- This role holder will be expected to operate largely independently in the development, deployment and management of the initiatives within their remit
Role Dimensions The role holder will:
- Influence multi-million dollar budgets for deploying investment in the digital channel and realising incremental digital revenue targets
- Have the opportunity to suggest recomendations for appropriate investment and ongoing resources, which will vary from small technology improvements and changes, to proposed partnerships
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of all customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support HSBC values and principles.
- The jobholder will also continually assess and propose mitigating actions against operational risks associated with the role and inherent to the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder should continuously demonstrate compliance with relevant internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points.
- The jobholder will adhere to any relevant Group compliance policies. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Extensive experience of AEM required in a technical role.
- In-depth experience of technical operations at other large scale organisations (either within financial services or other industry. Candidates with non-FS background will need to explain how their experience can benefit the banking industry)
- Experience with software design concepts, practices, modern development methodologies, particularly agile, CI/CD, TDD and common architectures.
- Hands-on experience leading, working in, or with product development teams (UX designers, software engineers and QA engineers) on projects that touch a range of technical platforms (digital, mainframe, server-based etc).
- Capable of starting/building things/processes from scratch and seeing them through.
- Experience using instruments and profiling to check performances and to identify root causes of issues in any product
- Working knowledge of SOA (ESB, REST, SOAP, messaging)
- Knowledge of any of Groovy, Scala, Ruby, Python, JSON is also desirable
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite
- Background in designing and programming on large-scale/distributed systems
- Extensive experience with the range of technical operations and deployment activities
- Experience working across multiple markets
- Strong understanding of Digital business, while experience within media organisations or other consumer product development is a strong advantage.
- Proven ability to manage third-party partners both in partnership development and as ongoing partner management
- Blend of engineering and technical expertise and awareness; ability to drive strategy into action
- An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and figure out why things happen
- Proven ability to build strong relationships across stakeholder groups with the ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines and units and at senior levels within the organisation
- Demonstrates flexibility when addressing shifting or competing priorities
- Proven ability to influence large teams without direct leadership authority
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Energetic, positive attitude and team player
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferable
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/popups/uk-privacy-statement#/overview
: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Global vacancy
: 26-Mar-2020, 08:00:00
: 10-Apr-2020, 07:59:00