Job Description - Copy Assistant (0000E9PI)
Copy Assistant : 0000E9PI
Role Title: Copy Assistant
New or Existing Role? New
- The RBWM strategy has a stated objective to make HSBC an upper quartile / decile provider of digital services to RBWM customers. Over the next 5 years this strategy will increase the percentage of Digitally active RBWM customers in excess of 500% (c.70% from current 15%).
- As part of HSBC’s RBWM Digital Strategy, markets continue to build their local digital teams and capability to build world class digital products and features as well as ensure we maximise our opportunities for customer engagement through our digital channels and staff.
- Support User Experience & Design as well as the wider Digital teams by creating clear, elegant English (potentially other native languages too), with suitable communication for international audiences from a variety of backgrounds, for all devices supported by the global operation.
Impact on Business
- Editing clear, elegant English (potentially other native languages too), with suitable communication for international audiences from a variety of backgrounds, for all devices supported by the global operation.
- Support production of high-quality and accurate copy across print, digital and social channels.
- Support production of service-related digital messaging working within rigid restrictions and guidelines.
- Support production of short form copy appropriate to a variety of project goals and audiences.
- Optimise and reconfigure existing internal and external communications to adhere to UX best practice.
- QC/QA own and teams work, assist colleagues by proofing output as required.
- Work across a variety of projects, ensuring adequate and appropriate prioritisation.
- Ensure all content presents an accurate overview of brand and is aligned to brand guidelines/tone etc.
- Ensure consistency both within and across documents, brands and sub brands.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach to execute change at pace with minimum conflict.
- Stakeholders include, but not limited to the following:
- Operating Team Leads across EMEA, ASP and Americas
- Global and Regional Digital Heads
- Cross-Functional Team Leads
- Different UXD and QA teams
Leadership & Teamwork
- FORMTEXT Be an effective team player through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand. FFFFFFFF00000000140006005400650078007400350034000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
- Build a culture of continuous improvement in customer experience and functionality deployment
- Seeks opportunities to integrate, simplify and streamline activity through involvement of teams in the geographic and functional matrix.
- Works in a facilitative manner to build capability in progressing objectives, but does not lose sight of the profitability and productivity outcomes.
- Acts in a manner that transparently promotes the organisation’s values and delivers in an aligned manner.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Communicate plans with key stakeholders
- Regular review to identify key risks, issues and interdependencies. Determine and apply appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Ensure an equal and balanced focus is maintained on operating and regulatory risks and ensure the Virtual Management Team positively identifies and mitigates these in a manner that protects the Brand.
- Ensure regular and positive engagement with key support functions such as Risk, Compliance and HR to ensure alignment of policies and plans necessary to deliver a demanding transformation benefit target.
- Implementation of Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Risk considerations in an aligned manner within the context of the RBWM strategy through operational practice and planned activity.
- Liaise with stakeholders and copywriters, and help manage projects to facilitate a smooth production process
- Assist in the production of native, high-quality and accurate copy across print, digital and social channels for products and services
- Ensure that administrative tasks within copy are handled in an orderly and timely fashion
- Identify opportunities from a copy standpoint to improve our customers' digital experience
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of all customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank principles as in the UK and other market equivalents of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· People experience in customer focused organizations, in disciplines such as Digital, Design or product management.
· English copywriting qualifications or equivalent
· Understanding of user experience and web best practice
· Innovative – the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
· Good relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
· Good time management and prioritisation of projects and tasks
· Experience working with agencies, particularly for usability testing
· High levels of resilience and self-motivation.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
: Europe-United Kingdom-West Yorkshire-Leeds
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Global vacancy
: 26-Mar-2020, 08:00:00
: 03-Apr-2020, 07:59:00