Job Description - Mortgage Operations Manager (0000EBSV)
Mortgage Operations Manager : 0000EBSV
- Coach, motivate and lead a team to deliver excellent customer service to a wide range of HSBC RBWM local and international customers (whille ensuring the cost effectiveness of the operation).
- Recruit, develop and lead a team to handle all functions and regulations related to loan processing.
- Deliver upon quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators, in line with our business strategies and regulatory requirements (scorecard).
- Continually review and understand work practices and policies to ensure ongoing audit and risk standards are met.
- Ensure fair outcomes for customers are delivered in all situations.
- Manage a loan Operations team
Impact on the Business
- Manage business capacity
- Set the framework for the Management team and oversee the day today delivery of Mortgage Operations.
- Set forth the vision for the team focusing on supporting sales and delivering a best in class customer experience.
- Work with the Management team to implement processes and procedures in order to effectively manage pipelines and control loan aging.
- Ensure the operations meet all performance targets including standards in quality.
- Analyze and interpret complex data and make high quality and timely decisions.
- Effectively communicate all operational requirements and changes to team members.
- Lead the team to achieve published standards and other key performance indicators (attendance, revenue, retention, service levels, operational risk, etc).
- Ensure that the team meets all performance targets including standards in quality and productivity.
- Ensure team is abiding by first call resolution in alignment with global standards to promote customer satisfaction.
- Escalate / proactively manage service levels at times of increased service pressure.
- Build relationships with sales and internal partners
Customers / Stakeholders
- Mortgage Retail Sales
- Mortgage Direct
- Mortgage Business Development and Customer Acquisition
- Credit risk – RBWM
- BRCM and Compliance functions supporting RBWM
- Underwriting Quality Control - RBWM
- Private Bank Mortgage team – sales and credit
- Key vendors supporting Mortgage Loan Originations at HSBC
- Third Party Management function in HSBC
- Head of Mortgage and Mortgage Leadership Team
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
- Provide clear performance management for direct reports and coaching on managing teams.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Identify opportunities and drive change through the organization.
- Ensure loan operations are delivered to Group standards, resolving local issues and anomalies.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory procedures and management and timely implementation of key audit recommendations.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Deliver desired outcomes – positive customer experience, reduced cost per loan, increased through-put, regulatory compliance
- Ensure compliance in a complex environment with demanding internal standards, multiple internal control functions and multiple government regulators.
- Completing multiple tasks under aggressive time constraints while making accurate decisions with a sense of urgency.
- Working with a wide range of direct and functional areas to manage loan processing team.
- Close collaboration with mortgage management team, RBWM Credit risk, Legal and Compliance to constantly execute operations and meet our customer needs.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Remediate Audit Findings and Regulatory Matters Requiring Attention (MRAs). Ensure Compliance with related Consent orders (i.e. AML, Know Your Customer (KYC)/Customer Information Profile (CIP), Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS), Affidavit and Notary Compliance, risk assessments and control monitoring.
- Ensure employees apply compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Loan Processing experience as well as knowledge of Mortgage systems (both LOS and Image)
- Minimum of 10-15 years proven bank, mortgage business, mortgage systems related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven management, communications, organizational, analytical, administrative, problem-solving, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent HSBC systems and software.
- Ability to effectively lead/manage a team.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and objectives independently and within the team.
: North America-United States-New York-DEPEW
: North America-United States-Illinois-Arlington Heights
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 08-Apr-2020, 01:19:07