VP Of Engineering
The VP Engineering will direct the engineering team within the business, You’ll help tens of millions of people connect to each other and themselves – through astrology – in real, meaningful ways.
Your primary day-to-day responsibilities will be building and leading the engineeringteam:
● Make 6-8 hires in your first 12 months. We’re well capitalized and have the ability tobring on another 8-10 engineers, but we’ll be looking to you to help us call the shotsthere.
● Develop an engineering pipeline to attract and recruit world-class engineering talent.
● Manage, motivate, and direct the engineering team.
● Build and foster a goal-oriented, results-driven team engineering culture.
● Mentor and coach to develop talent.
● Create processes that effectively make and communicate tradeoffs between business goals and engineering priorities.
You’d be a good fit for this role if you have experience managing individual contributors at venture-backed startups.
We use Python, Haskell, AWS, BigQuery, Swift, and Kotlin. We’re big into cross-functional collaboration. We ideate collectively, ship qualitatively-validated MVPs, and iterate based oninternal & customer feedback. We validate what we think people need with iterative user testing,
A/B test everything, and use data to inform our decisions. Weekly, the whole team talks throughwhy tests worked or failed. Monthly, the entire company comes together to think of what we want to build.
● Fully covered $0 deductible healthcare
● Unlimited vacation
● Flexible hours (afternoons in the office encouraged)
● Competitive cash + equity comp
● Unlimited equipment budget
For thousands of years, astrology has functioned as social glue. It gives people tools to have real conversations about real life. Our client is bringing this ancient practice into the 21st century with a social, personalized experience that helps people reflect and connect in real, meaningful ways.
2 years in, the business has millions of monthly actives and we’ve raised $6,000,000 on very favorable terms from the people behind companies like Glossier, Rent the Runway, eBay, Periscope, and Everlane.