Engineering Manager (E-Commerce)
As a Web Acquisition Engineering Manager, you will primarily focused on managing a group of frontend/UI engineers working to craft elegant. The Acquisition & Member Experience engineering team builds software to support our partners throughout the business including sales, marketing, support, accounting, studio content, and more! We are tackling challenging problems at scale as a result of the rapid growth in our user base and the growth of our engineering team. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead and develop our software engineers, working to deliver and craft elegant, intuitive, accessible, responsive, user-friendly interfaces, as well as performant and scalable backend services. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving complex technical challenges to deliver enterprise software products while fostering a collaborative and sustainable team culture. In this role, you will be reporting to the Director of Acquisition & Member Experience Engineering.
● Staff and lead a cross-functional, full-stack engineering team responsible for the architecture and performance of our web applications.
● Motivate, lead, coach, and mentor software engineers.
● Participate and drive initiatives relating to people management including recruiting, onboarding, performance reviews, career advancement, training, etc.
● Drive technical initiatives to build clean, robust, maintainable, and performant web applications.
● Improve processes and collaboration within the team and across groups.
● Crafting a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs.
● Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program
Management and UX in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives
● Manage technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
● Establish a relationship with business stakeholders.
● Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members
● Promote simplicity in solving complex problems across our e-commerce systems and teams as we scale.
● Establish team level KPIs to measure the effectiveness of your team and impact on acquisition metrics.
● Instill a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and industry best practices.
● Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management.
● Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
● Be able to get your hands dirty and contribute technically to projects and the codebase.
● 5+ years of software development experience in development. Demonstrable experience in having deployed applications commercially into production.
● 4+ years of leadership experience in technology management.
● Embraces an agile mindset and familiar with lean and DevOps.
● Excellent time management skills.
● Experience with internationalization and localization.
● Familiarity with at least one backend framework like Django, Rails, or similar.
● Experience delivering products collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management,
● Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers.
● Capacity to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
● Effectively communicate between teams and within teams in order to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery.