Mobile Engineering Manager
Our client is looking to appoint an experienced Engineering Manager within its Mobile Division
About the Role
We are looking for strong technical leaders to join us in our mission to change the way the world purchases home services. AIur client forms small, high-impact teams and empower them to iterate rapidly. You’ll be leading our iOS & Android teams as an engineering manager.
Engineering managers are the most skillful technical leaders and people managers in a team.
You will be closely collaborating with product development, customer experience, and the rest of Engineering teams to build and execute on a robust roadmap for our mobile platforms.
You will have a tremendous impact on both tactical and strategic direction of our platform, products, and people.
What you will do:
● Recruit, coach, and mentor a team of talented native mobile engineers
● Ensure the team is shipping the most impactful features regularly
● Play a key role in the architectural and design decisions of your team and be able to articulate the impact of those decisions to all of the business
● Iterate with Product Design and Product Managers in an agile environment to bring features from ideation to launch
● Participate in code and design reviews, evangelize best engineering practices, and lead Lunch and Learns
● Influence and empower the team to ensure they do “the right thing”
● Be responsible for the planning and execution of software development as well as the operation of your services and applications in production
● Ensure our customers and professionals receive the best experience
● Occasionally be hands-on and contribute to our iOS, Android or backend codebases
Who you are:
● Strong software engineer with at least 5 years of hands-on development experience with either iOS or Android (both is a bonus!) and designing and building RESTful APIs
● Experience with Ruby on Rails or other web frameworks is a plus because our mobile engineers also make contributions across the entire stack
● Skillful people manager with at least a year of experience leading small, impactful engineering teams
● Excellent written and oral communication skills (must be able to give honest, direct, and actionable feedback)
● Well-versed in the iOS/Android ecosystem and proficient in Objective-C/Swift and/or Java/Kotlin
● Skillful in debugging/troubleshooting mobile applications (network calls, location services, notifications, etc.) in production
● Ability to work with and effectively communicate with multiple teams across a variety of disciplines--both technical and non-technical
● Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies
● Experience working at a growth-stage startup is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
● Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
● Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
● Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
● A fun office always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
● Ground floor opportunity with the team
● The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.