Data Engineers are tasked with architecting and building our next generation data platforms that dictates how the business interacts with and consumes information. They own the entire data pipeline starting with how we ingest data from the outside world, transform that information into actionable insights, and ultimately designing the interfaces and APIs that our analysts and quants use to monetize that information. Throughout that process our data engineers work side-by-side with investment professionals and data scientists to design systems that are solving our must challenging problems and answering the most difficult questions in the hedge fund industry.
· Develop solutions that enable internal analysts to efficiently extract insights from data. This includes owning the ingestion (web scrapes, S3/FTP sync, sensor collection), transformations (Spark, SQL, Kafka, Python/C++/R) and interface (API, schema design, events, etc.)
· Partner with internal analysts, quants and data scientists to design, develop, test and deploy solutions that answer fundamental questions about financial markets.
· Build tooling and automation around data pipelines that improve the efficiency, quality and resiliency of our data platform
· Take on an entrepreneurial mentality by building and selling your own ideas. We work in an evolving space and we expect you to help design our evolution by challenging the status quo and independently identifying opportunities to improve the entire data organization.
· A deep passion for working with data and developing software to address data processing challenges
· Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Proficiency with RDBMS, NoSQL, distributed compute platforms such as Spark, Dask or Hadoop
· Experience with some of the following areas: Distributed Computing, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning
· Experience with any of the following systems: Apache Airflow, AWS/GCP/Azure, Jupyter, Kafka, Docker, Nomad/Kubernetes, Snowflake is preferred
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
Very Generous Package including High Base Salary and other benefits