Trading Software Engineer (Chicago/New York
Our client are a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You.
The Electronic Trading Technology Team is responsible for developing critical trading system components that power our algorithmic trading to trade billions of dollars of assets a day. We focus on building technologies that are highly performant and scalable, fault tolerant, and extensible.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding trading environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, she/he will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner.
· Responsible for the design, development and deployment of new and existing components and frameworks.
· Responsible for proposing new designs and modifying existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
· Facilitate communication and collaboration with business users and peer technology teams.
· Solid computer science fundamentals
· Expert C++ development skills
· Experience building enterprise systems and low-latency applications
· Practical knowledge of some message-oriented middleware (e.g., Solace, LBM, Tib/RV, etc.)
· Strong network and multithreaded programming skills
· Prior experience developing position management systems and corresponding risk and compliance checks is a plus
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or a related discipline
Generous Negotiable Base Salary, plus other benefits