Spoken conversations - not email, not slack, not powerpoint presentations - contain the most valuable data in organizations. And while digital transformation is the largest force of change in every industry, almost all spoken conversations happen outside of that revolution.
The business is a conversation hub built to capture and unlock the power and insight in every company’s conversations. Use it to host meetings, tag the good stuff, and make sure team members have access to the content that really matters—via on-demand playback and one-touch transcriptions. All so you can hear the words that matter most and skip the rest.
The business is an early-stage software company focused on building tools that enable teams to collaborate. Our team has strong experience starting and running VC backed companies, and our investors include the same VCs who invested in leading software companies, including Stripe, Twilio, Airtable, Carta, Plaid, and Lever.
World-class audio and video communication is central to what we do. Ideally you've built end-to-end AV at a company like Zoom, Webex, Bluejeans, Discord or Skype.
· You will define the architecture and strategic roadmap to make the businesses AV world class
· Work closely with other engineers to implement and architect new features
· Work directly with leadership and other key team members to ensure that engineering goals align to overall company goals
· Help coordinating releases
· At least five years of software development experience, using a strongly-typed language, such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, and/or Go
· Strong familiarity with the internals of the JVM, including debugging and profiling
· Strong Familiarity with Web-RTC and media streaming technologies
· Solid understanding of RTP, VOIP, and real-time media networking fundamentals
· Advanced experience developing for cloud platforms, such as AWS or Google Cloud
· Familiarity with test-driven and continuous integration approaches to improve code quality and team collaboration
· Experience developing, supporting, and scaling a distributed, high-performance, high-traffic SaaS Platform
· Familiarity with Kafka, Kinesis, and stream-based analysis
· Strong familiarity with key audio processing concepts, FFT, DSP algorithms
· Familiarity with audio and video codecs, such as Opus, OggVorbis, AAC, VP8
· Familiarity developing and running distributed processing jobs using Spark
· Experience using multithreaded, asynchronous systems using Akka
· Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes
· Experience developing and architecting distributed streaming or batch platforms, using tools such as Spark, DataProc, Flink, or Hadoop
· Join the early team of a venture-backed startup with executives that have founded multiple successful venture backed companies
· Competitive salary + meaningful equity
· Flexible time off policy
· Competitive health benefits
· Complimentary tickets to company talent show