Spoken conversations - not email, not slack, not powerpoint presentations - contain the most valuable data in organizations. And while digital transformation is the largest force of change in every industry, almost all spoken conversations happen outside of that revolution.
The business is a conversation hub built to capture and unlock the power and insight in every company’s conversations. Use it to host meetings, tag the good stuff, and make sure team members have access to the content that really matters—via on-demand playback and one-touch transcriptions. All so you can hear the words that matter most and skip the rest.
The business is an early-stage software company focused on building tools that enable teams to collaborate. Our team has strong experience starting and running VC backed companies, and our investors include the same VCs who invested in leading software companies, including Stripe, Twilio, Airtable, Carta, Plaid, and Lever.
They are actively seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who will be responsible for implementing key features across our platform, including REST API development, front-end and mobile development, and real-time/batch-level analysis.
· Work closely with other engineers to implement and architect new features
· Work directly with leadership and other key team members to ensure that engineering goals align to overall company goals
· Help coordinating releases
· Ensure high security standards and best practices, including Soc-2 compliance
· At least five years of software development experience, using a strongly-typed language, such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, and/or Go
· Strong familiarity with the internals of the JVM, including debugging and profiling
· Advanced experience developing for cloud platforms, such as AWS or Google Cloud
· Experience working within agile development processes, such as Scrum
· Experience with NoSQL and relational databases, including query performance tuning and optimization strategies
· Familiarity with test-driven and continuous integration approaches to improve code quality and team collaboration
· Experience developing, supporting, and scaling a distributed, high-performance, high-traffic SaaS Platform
· Familiarity developing and running distributed processing jobs using Spark
· Experience using multithreaded, asynchronous systems using Akka
· Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes
· Experience developing and architecting distributed streaming or batch platforms, using tools such as Spark, DataProc, Flink, or Hadoop
· Join the early team of a venture-backed startup with executives that have founded multiple successful venture backed companies
· Competitive salary + meaningful equity
· Flexible time off policy
· Competitive health benefits
· Complimentary tickets to company talent show