Systems Engineer - Platform and Virtualization Engineering
Our Client is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Platform and Virtualization Engineering team at is responsible for all aspects of analysis, design, and engineering of the server platforms for the business. Included in the remit of the group is management of the life-cycle of hardware, operating systems, configuration management and build systems. The team also produces specialized builds for latency sensitive environments.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
· Engineering the next generation of compute platforms for the business
· Designing and implementing the distributed systems that are necessary for systems management and the automation of hardware evaluation, provisioning, build and life-cycle management
· Providing subject matter expertise with low-level tuning of operating systems
· Work closely with the network, storage, cloud, and build engineers to deliver a friction-less server environment
· Excellent analytical and communication skills
· Deep understanding of Linux
· In-depth knowledge of network and storage sub-systems.
· Understanding and knowledge of virtualization (KVM, Qemu, libvirt, namespaces, containers, etc.).
· Experience with systems and configuration management of distributed infrastructure (such as CFEngine, Chef, etc.)
· Experience monitoring and debugging large-scale, geographically distributed systems
· Experience with the software development life-cycle of large-scale distributed systems
· Experience with life-cycle and change management of hardware and operating systems.
· Database and messaging concept
You will enjoy the following benefits:
· Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
· Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
· Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
· Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves