Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
To continuously provide high quality processing service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction within the specified Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Responsible for relationship building and resolving customer queries / issues in a professional manner (where applicable). Other responsibilities dependent on process assigned to. Receives customer calls in a call centre environment. Responsible for relationship building and account management while resolving customer inquiries in a professional manner. Takes ownership and initiative to complete necessary research and customer follow-up or direct the customer to the appropriate department for resolution. May be responsible for achieving individual sales goals.
· Impact on the Business
Key activities and decision making areas
· Ensure that the productivity and quality levels are achieved as per the standards sent for the process.
· Proactively identify issues, if any, and escalate.
· Provide service to customers by focusing on resolving requests efficiently, accurately, and professionally.
· Defuse irate customers and resolve challenging inquiries utilising negotiation skills while following guidelines in an effort to satisfy the customer.
· Demonstrate knowledge of features, benefits and procedures and take initiative to review daily process updates for defect free implementation.
· To maintain HSBC internal and external control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Issues/problems are effectively investigated and resolved or appropriately referred with recommendations
· Maintain equipment, systems and general work environment in good condition, adhering to all appropriate procedures.
GR GRTv1 01 July 2007 Page 1 of 4
GLOBAL ROLE PROFILE TEMPLATE
· Customers (External/ Internal)
· Receive/make calls from/to customers (internal/ external)
· Process customer instructions accurately to achieve agreed quality standards and targets (as amended or notified from time to time) on all the processes worked
· Act effectively on all customer feedback
· Proactively escalate to the Line Management any issues / transactions that would impact service delivery or potential loss to the bank
· Respond to mails/queries related to process timely with a cc to the Line Manager
· Ensure no Ops Losses (Actual, Potential or Near Misses) are incurred due to the errors made
· Impact on process
· Meet targets on productivity and accuracy as per the targets and metrics defined for the process.
· Instructions/requests to be correctly interpreted, understood and implemented.
· Ensure that the process related procedures are implemented as per the process manuals.
· Ensure that fraud/errors/irregular transactions (if any) are identified and escalated.
· Ensure that the process requirements are met, adhered to, completed in accordance with established procedures and standards set.
· Work well independently; complete assigned tasks in the established timeframe as per the process benchmarks.
· Other Responsibilities
· Participate in development of cohesive teams
· Foster development of co-workers
· Contribute to the creation of a supportive work environment driven by people centric values
· Build professional relationships with colleagues in other areas
· Acquire and update knowledge on procedures related to relevant processes
· All data requirements (timesheets, leave requests, absence requests and ad hoc process information) is completed and updated in a timely manner
· Work productively, professionally and demonstrate ways to improve customer service.
· Assist line manager/supervisor with managing day-to-day operations and support peers on process if needed.
· Participate in team meeting / team activities and work towards sustaining team spirit.
Management of Risk (GHR / FIM requirements)
To abide by the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant Compliance Department. The term compliance embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to apply.
To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures, and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
GR GRTv1 01 July 2007 Page 2 of 4
GLOBAL ROLE PROFILE TEMPLATE
Observation of Internal Controls (GHR / FIM requirements)
To maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
· Good communication skills – Verbal
· Attention to detail
· Proven track record of strong focus towards high levels of Quality and Customer Service
· Ability to multi-task, depending on the criticality of the tasks.
· Self motivated and should be able to work under minimal supervision.
· Good team player
· Flexibility to work in different shifts including weekends
· Strong Relationship building skills
· Quick Learner
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending or expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget, etc. in USD’000)
Total Staff reporting to this role - NA
Dotted line reports to this role, if any:
Mgmt / Professional
Education / Relevant Experience / Other Qualifications (e.g. Knowledge, Skills, Professional Qualifications required) (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role)
GR GRTv1 01 July 2007 Page 3 of 4
GLOBAL ROLE PROFILE TEMPLATE
Entry level qualification as required for the process / as per the benchmark agreed upon between HR and Operations. Experience
Work experience not essential.
Ability to speak and understand English fluently.
Ability to write business letters and reports
Good conversational skills to hold the attention of the customer on the telephone.
Ability to grasp quickly.
Ability to understand and interpret numeric data.
Minimum, basic computer knowledge.
Flexibility to work shifts.
Ability to build rapport with people.
Ability to maintain focus while working with voluminous data.