Job Description - Head of Procurement Operations, ASP - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology (0000DPMJ)
Head of Procurement Operations, ASP - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology : 0000DPMJ
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Procurement Operations, ASP.
- To effectively manage the processing of Procurement Operations activity (Accounts Payable, Operational Procurement, staff Travel & Entertainment claims, resource management, helpdesk and transactional buying, management of purchase orders for the bank and other group companies) within the ASP region. To provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the territory teams on best practices and procedures, as well as being an agent for change to ensure consistent implementation / application of Group Procurement strategy and Target Operating Model (TOM). To ensure all items are processed in a compliant manner and in accordance with Bank policy, he relevant local regulatory requirements, and that appropriate accounting entries are made.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and motivating a team of 236FTE staff across their region (ASP) in order to deliver a compliant, efficient, cost effective, timely, high quality service, whilst mitigating the risks from duplicate, fraudulent or incorrect payments, and avoiding operational losses. This role also requires the individual to manage the performance and broader relationship for ASP of HSBC Procurement's outsourced provider, Genpact, as well as other key third party relationships integral to the effective operation of Global Procurement.
- Drive timely and effective operational service delivery (invoice processing, T&E processing, operational procurement, resource management, transactional sourcing) to ensure that correct accounting entries are passed to the relevant General Ledgers / cost centres. Preventing inappropriate / invalid payments being made resulting in potential operational losses.
- Driving increased productivity and reduced operational costs through implementation of standardized processes.
- Ensure the implementation, maintenance and communication of accurate standardized management information. Complete variance analyses to support financial and business management.
- Provide effective management direction to foster effective selection, development and reward of subordinates.
- Drive PO and buying channel compliance
- Drive the continuous improvement of the relationship with Global Procurement's key outsourced provider, Genpact
The role holder will have knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
- Proven experience of managing senior stakeholders across complex and global financial organisations
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience of using procurement operational experience to develop category plans for a business area
- Proven experience of delivering costs and efficiency savings for a Procurement category
- Identifying and assessing new outsourcing opportunities for the organisation
- Ability to quickly understand customer/stakeholder requirements and concerns and deliver a high quality result to them;
- Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to succeed within a matrix management structure and build and maintain global team relationships;
- Experience of working with teams across a matrix organisation to deliver effective results
- Drive and tenacity to ensure change is effectively implemented in a matrix environment;
- Delivery focused and proven ability to provide the highest standards of delivery and embed them in the team;
- Proven ability to authentically engage with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace.
Qualifications / Experience
- Extensive experience in banking/ financial services ideally with a heavy focus on procurement.
- Proven experience in, strategic planning and delivery
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Previous background of working in a matrix organization structure; ability to persuade individuals at different levels
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
: Asia Pacific-Hong Kong-Kowloon-Kowloon City
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Region vacancy
: 20-May-2020, 12:18:47
: 19-Jun-2020, 23:59:00