Job Description - Reinsurance Admin Manager - HSBC Insurance (0000EESI)
Reinsurance Admin Manager - HSBC Insurance : 0000EESI
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as Reinsurance Admin Manager.
- Review reinsurance statement of accounts and claims documents to ensure compliance;
- Process premium, premium adjustments, commission and claims ensuring that all data is accurate
- Record relevant transaction documentation to accounting system, ensure proper audit-trail of the risk data entered into the system
- Investigating inconsistencies, account discrepancies and related issues
- Ensuring accounts sent are consistent with underwriting technical entries
- Support data analysis on premium & claims by risk types
- Supporting and work closely with other internal departments on special projects as and when required (e.g. ad hoc data analysis, reports production, UAT testing Internal audits)
- Initiate system implementation and future enhancements to automate data entry and accounting entry upload
- Ensure finance function comply with Group and Local policies on reinsurance activities
- University Degree and professional qualifications, Actuarial knowledge is advantageous but not a must
- Solid years of experience from insurance or reinsurance industry is a must, and preferably in reinsurance admin function
- Knowledge of Life, Accident & Health insurance products, and Technical Accounting for these lines of business is required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly MS Excel and Access for working with large volume of data required
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage stakeholders from various departments
- Able to work under pressure and achieve deliverable in short project timeline
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
: Asia Pacific-Hong Kong-Kowloon-Kowloon City
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 20-May-2020, 11:06:29
: 19-Jun-2020, 23:59:00