Job Description - Corporate Business Director (Shanghai) (0000EP1G)
Corporate Business Director (Shanghai) : 0000EP1G
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.
In this role, you will:
Impact on the Business/Function
- Identify and capture insurance customer leads through closely collaboration with Commercial Markets and Banking and Global Banking & Markets (CMB/GBM) as well as select third party intermediaries.
- Work closely with Private Wealth Planner teams to drive customer leads generation and referral from prospect corporate clients of CMB/GBM.
- Build relationships with the corporate clients of CMB/GBM to ensure our propositions are introduced
- Drive customer leads planning, performance review and take mitigation actions to meet the benchmark
- Design comprehensive worksite solution to engage corporate clients and fulfill their needs
- Identify corporate clients’ needs to work closely with Product team to drive product & proposition development
Customers / Stakeholders
- Work with Private Wealth Planners to provide excellent customer service and to acquire, retain and strengthen customer relationships.
- Promote and enhance the brand and image of HSBC in the Insurance proposition.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Develop strong working relationships with Commercial Banking Relationship Managers and Global Banking Relationship Managers.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role.
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together.
- Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures.
- Continuously monitor and gather information to assess potential impacts and identify possible risks and opportunities for the business.
- Apply policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business, finance, related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum of eight years proven and progressive experience in Life Insurance or Employee Benefits, prefer to be experienced in front line sales, business.
development. Health & Benefits, retirement consulting & brokerage experience is a plus.
Strong sales, managerial, interpersonal, organizational, communications, negotiations, lateral thinking and decision-making skills.
Demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal business partners as well as external corporate clients especially with the C-level decision makers.
Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry particularly insurance, retail and wealth management, coupled with the ability to understand and negotiate through the HSBC internal network.
Proven ability to produce timely and accurate MI.
Proven networking skills.
***Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Guangdong) Ltd. GSC China***
: Asia Pacific-China-Guangdong-Guangzhou
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 22-Sep-2020, 10:26:24
: 22-Oct-2020, 23:59:00