Job Description - Post Trade Analyst (0000ERF3)
Post Trade Analyst : 0000ERF3
Role Title: Post Trade Analyst Business: Operations New or Existing Role- New Grade:GCB4 Role Purpose
- The role is within the Treasury Operations Collateral & Trade Management function who act as operational support for the HSS Securities Lending Trading desk. Acting as point of contact for pre and post-settlement queries the Post Trade analyst will have extensive interaction with the trading desk and the other Treasury Operations functions such as Recall management, Settlements, Control and Corporate Actions as well as representatives within the HSBC sub custody network. The team are responsible for the securities lending trade lifecycle from point of execution using all internal and proprietary front and back office systems overseeing the timely and efficient delivery of securities on behalf of our clients. The HSBC Agency Securities Lending business has access to a significant global asset pool from which it generates a valuable revenue stream for its clients.
- Customers/Stakeholders include:
- Sovereign Wealth Funds
- Pension Funds
- Asset Managers
- Broker Dealers / Investment Banks
- The Post Trade Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that HSS and our clients are risk protected by remaining fully collateralised in line with HSS and client stipulated mandates and by overseeing the timely settlement of new lending positions and their subsequent return. Large proportion of duties will centre around the management of the HSS cash collateral book therefore prior experience and demonstrable competencies relating to this collateral type is required.
- The role holder must be able to coordinate comfortably with multiple desks and people and be able to quickly learn new systems and processes. The ability to manage departmental projects is also preferred.
- The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything they do, both individually and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable and do the right thing
- Open to different ideas and cultures
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
Key Accountabilities Impact on the Business:
- Daily management of HSS cash collateral offering and assisting in continued development.
- To build good working relationships with our counterparts and monitor their performance. Arrange regular reviews and use example based feedback to address any examples of poor borrower performance
- To understand the current and future regulatory environment and apply those requirements to our processes.
- To play a key role in exception management associated with upcoming Securities Finance regulations including SFTR and CSDR. Conducing exception analysis to identify trends and participate in enhancements in an effort to reduce exception levels.
- To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business taking account of any changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management re-structures and the impact of new technology
- To identify and fully contribute to any operational improvement initiatives in areas such as IT and Control
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory, legal, audit, bank and group requirements
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder is subject to compliance with FCA rules, general Bank guidelines and normal budgetary disciplines.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory, legal, and Bank requirements including Group Standards Manual and Functional Instruction Manuals
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Prior cash collateral management experience in securities lending
- Ability to work in pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly (Pirum, Global 1, Trading Apps, GCS/GHSS (Internal Custody Systems)
- Strong analytical skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- At least 3-5 years experience in a global custody / prime broker environment, preferably within securities financing with a strong understanding of operational risk.
- Prior exposure to non-cash collateral transactions both bilateral and Triparty preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Self-motivated and tenacious
- High level of interpersonal, professional and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels (including Senior Management)
- Strong MS Office skills (a high competency level of MS Excel and Access is desirable)
- Understanding of and ability to work within an evolving regulatory landscape
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/popups/uk-privacy-statement#/overview
: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Global vacancy
: 27-Oct-2020, 07:00:00
: 04-Nov-2020, 07:59:00