Job Description - Project Manager- Resolvability Assessment Framework (RAF) Program (12 month fixed term contract) (0000ERP9)
Project Manager- Resolvability Assessment Framework (RAF) Program (12 month fixed term contract) : 0000ERP9
HSBC is Canada’s leading international bank – there is no one like us in this market.
Our ability to bring our global experience and perspective to evolving trends and issues in Canada has been a tremendous benefit to our clients. With our offer of unique banking solutions, as well as an extensive global network, no one is better placed to support internationally minded individuals and businesses.
HSBC helps companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Wealth and Personal Banking.
It’s through this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired, collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Global Functions
HSBC’s Global Functions play a vital role in supporting the bank’s Global Businesses and offer a broad range of career opportunities in areas from Legal, Risk and Finance to Human Resources, Sustainability, Marketing and Communications. Our operational and functional teams around the world help HSBC’s Global Businesses to operate efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis. They also focus on controls and governance to reduce risk and protect the Group’s reputations.
Global Finance plays a vital role in ensuring that HSBC manages costs and deploys capital in the most effective way. The team provides financial insight, accuracy and control, using analytical skills to support our Global Businesses and influence and challenge business decisions.
Key Objectives for Project Manager- Resolvability Assessment Framework (RAF) Program:
Supports the Finance Operations and Change Management team through the management and administration of key systems and operations that support financial, regulatory and management information reporting. Provides support and project management oversight in the end-to-end delivery of projects and change delivery within Finance Department. This role supports various activities to achieve the goals and objectives of the HSBC Canada Finance Department, following the strategy set by the Global Finance Director and Global Finance Chief Operating Officer.
The Resolvability Assessment Framework (RAF) program is a framework for covered banks in the U.K. which sets out a resolution regime ensuring that firms are resolvable and have the capabilities to support resolution within specified compliance date.
Valuation in Resolution (ViR) on the other hand sits as one of the workstreams under the wider RAF program and aims to develop valuation capabilities to determine whether a bank is failing or likely to go into resolution, identify the resolution tools and to determine whether creditors would be better off had the bank gone into insolvency.
- Oversee the management and administration of financial systems ensuring that appropriate updates or change requests and other system and access requests are serviced by liaising with concerned teams from local or other IT, development, or related offshore teams that support the financial systems infrastructure.
- Collaborate, communicate and work effectively with team colleagues, Senior Finance Subject Matter Experts and Change Delivery Team to deliver assigned projects.
- Act as a Relationship Manager with key stakeholders and service providers to Finance (e.g. IT, Change Delivery)
- Represent the team on working committees and as a subject matter expert in a consultative role when required.
- Actively participate, support and assist the HSBC Canada Finance Change Program in achieving their objectives as well as other bank initiatives in support of financial systems and change management.
- Assist in identifying and communicating relevant business and financial control issues, ensure all data adhere to established accounting principles and corporate procedures, and make appropriate recommendations to business managers. l Fosters high-quality work ethics, provide exceptional service and professional support to our customers.
- Manage /co-ordinate/work with the resources within the Finance Operations and Change Management team, the Finance Subject Matter Experts, Change Delivery team in delivering monthly Financial Transformation Platform (FTP) maintenance tasks, project plans, milestones and project objectives/tasks within budget and critical project deliverable timelines.
- Form effective multi-disciplinary teams –across change delivery partners and business partners and encourage collaboration and team work within the team and with other IT and Change delivery teams to deliver project objectives on time and budget.
- Maintain a strong focus on people management within the project and ensure project resources receive necessary training and support to deliver at pace.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
- Proactively determine, analyze and identify risks and issues and ascertain channels to escalate with clear timelines to resolve or mitigate the risk/issue.
- Develop and maintain production / project related procedures and provide training necessary to support new interfaces or processes.
- Effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks. l Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, related field or equivalent experience, with qualified post-degree certification (CA, CPA, CGA, CMA, MBA, and CFA) or equivalent.
- Mergers & Acquisitions and business valuation experience considered an asset
- Minimum of seven years proven and progressive project management and systems implementation related experience -preferably within a finance environment or the financial services industry. Must understand relevant financial industry concepts and terms.
- Industry accreditation on Programme/Project Management preferred, e.g. PMP / Prince2 would be a definite asset.
- Proven hands-on experience either in using, operating or developing large-scale financial control and management reporting systems. Knowledge of the existing HBCA systems (especially FTP) and operating environment would be a definite asset.
- Excellent problem solving, managerial, communication, analytical, organizational, negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Experience in working within a large, complex organization. Experience in dealing with regional and or global related entities is an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple integrated projects which transcend over multiple work streams in a global project team environment. Large volumes of work generated across multiple departments must be completed within short timeframes in accordance with project standards and timelines. Strong decision making skills are required to prioritize and oversee the work, manage sundry team and people related issues and knowing went to escalate issues.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
If this is not the ideal role for you, we invite you to sign up to our talent community so that we can update you about job opportunities and career events in your area of interest. We are always looking for people with purpose and ambition who can help us build the bank for the future. To join, please click here!
We encourage all Indigenous peoples of North America and Persons with Disabilities to self-identify in their applications. In addition, we invite you to reach out to Matt Woods, our Diversity Recruitment Relationship Manager at [email protected] for support during the selection process.
: North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 29-Oct-2020, 00:41:21
: 12-Nov-2020, 12:59:00