Role Title: Digital Editor
New or Existing Role- Existing
Grade: GCB 5
The Digital Editor should be excited about creating outstanding digital content that helps people make sense of their finances and inspires them to take action.
Working closely with a team of writers and editors, they’ll create, edit, distribute and measure original, compelling and compliant content.
They’ll make sure it’s always optimised for search and work with colleagues across Digital to ensure we have content to support customers throughout their journeys.
• Write and edit customer-focused personal finance content in multiple formats
• Be accountable for published content meeting quality and compliance standards, and adhering to HSBC’s tone of voice and editorial guidelines
• Follow SEO best practice and ensure all website content is fully optimised
• Measure and report on performance of content against key metrics – including search – to senior stakeholders
• Work closely with search, social and data analytics teams to derive insights and facilitate effective distribution
• Build a strong network of internal relationships to increase efficiencies in content production and distribution
• Identify new opportunities and formats, and promote a test and learn approach to content production
• Help drive continuous improvement in the content production process
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Proven experience as a digital editor
• Journalism or similar qualification
• Strong digital background with excellent knowledge of SEO, digital publishing, data and distribution
• Experience creating content in different formats
• Creative mind with ideas on new ways to create and present content
• Exceptional eye for detail and editing skills
• Proven experience – and interest – in personal finance
• Good understanding of customer experience and the role of content in improving it
• Excellent communicator, able to build relationships and navigate a complex organisation
• Experience using data analytics tools to inform and measure output
• Experience working with content management systems
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.