Role Title: Consultant Specialist
Business: IT Infrastructure Delivery
Role Purpose / Description
As one of core team members in Distribute Compute (DC) Build & Deploy (B&D) function, the candidate will work closely with Hong Kong B&D technical team & UK Engineering team for supporting the server infrastructure technologies across Linux/Windows/ESXi platforms. The candidate may need to provide non-office hour operation support for global counties local IT teams escalated hardware & OS build issues.
• Review and justify every hardware deployment request received from Enterprise Information Management (EIM) system
• Provide technical support on ticket received from team JIRA Service Desk
• Develop code to optimize the build & deploy operation activities
• Participate the OS build image/firmware test cycle to support the regular OS build image/firmware release.
• Maintain both Linux & Windows servers Global Provisioning Dashboard
• Engage with local teams across 50+ countries for build compliance issues.
• Work closely with DC Engineering and/or ITID technology SME for latest standard & practice
• Understand and accept HSBC Information Security Policy and Standards
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• University degree in computer science or related disciplines.
• Minimum 8 years of IT infrastructure working experiences in banking & finance industry.
• Sound technical experiences on Operating System like Windows 2012R2/Windows 2016/Windows 2019, Redhat 5.x/6.x/7.x/8.x. and ESXi
• Hands-on configuration experience on HPE/Lenovo x86 server hardware
• Familiar with scripting languages such as shell script, Python and Powershell.
• Experience to use vendor system management tools like SCCM, SCOM, HPSA, Tanium
• General security principles & practices on OS, Network & Storage
• Experience in RESTful APIs would be a great plus.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good command of spoken and written Putonghua/Cantonese and English
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.