- The Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) Marketing team is part of the American Express Global Merchant Services organization and is responsible for developing the marketing strategy to drive merchant engagement and satisfaction and end-to-end execution of all network wide B2C marketing campaigns.
- In addition, the team is responsible for the B2B merchant communication strategy and implementation.
- The focus of this role is the management and end-to-end execution of Hong Kong network wide, marketing platforms / campaigns with key focus on medium to large scale merchants, merchant communications and marketing capability implementation.
- Scope of the role will include marketing project management and execution, merchant liaison, offer construct design, campaign creative development and agency management, result evaluation, and supporting in budget management.
- The Marketing Executive will be expected to assist in building merchant offers pipeline with merchants for marketing campaigns and capabilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage end-to-end execution of marketing platforms / campaigns including result tracking and evaluation to drive positive impact on merchant activation, engagement and satisfaction
- Work collaboratively with Manager, Agencies and Key Stakeholders to deliver initiatives that drive Cardmember usage and spend at participating merchants
- Ensure all marketing programs are compliant and aligned with focus areas and corporate branding and marketing guidelines
- Drive marketing capability / process implementation to enhance customer experience, increase marketing and operating efficiencies
- Implement B2B merchant communication initiatives to demonstrate values to Amex merchants and reinforce merchant satisfaction
- Support in marketing budget management to ensure effective and efficient utilization
- Passionate and result-oriented marketer with growth mindset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (primarily Cantonese with some Mandarin).
- University degree in Business, Marketing or Communications.
- Minimum 3 years marketing experience (ideally campaign execution across a variety of channels including online, email, direct mail and social media).
- Ability to fully own and execute projects from concept to launch.
- Strong project management experience including proven ability to deliver initiatives end-to-end and under tight timelines; Expertise in handling multiple projects simultaneous.
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate credibly with internal and external partners and colleagues.
- Solid analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Solid PC skills – PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Previous budget management experience.
- Experience in digital marketing capabilities and online marketing tools.
- Experience in partnership marketing would be an advantage.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.